I love how Renay Warren of Sircles packaged my necklace I purchased, along with a personalized handwritten note. Things like this makes a customer feel good, and we always remember how someone makes us feel.
Now normally I post a photo of something I purchased especially if the quality, customer service and packaging is on point. You will find that many of your customers that are on social media and know you’re active on social media too will often post a pic of them with your product and tag your business.
However, it’s always a good idea to include a note that nicely asks the customer to post a photo of the product on the social media they use or specifically ask for it to be posted on Facebook or Instagram to get exposure for your product.
Additionally, make it easy for them by including a #Hashtag to use or even the EXACT wording for the post. This way, the customer doesn’t have to think or come up with something clever. Also, this is an excellent way for you to not only keep track of your brand via the #Hashtag, but also to help you keep pushing the same message.
Tips for Getting Customers to Share Your Product Online
For example, although I love Renay’s jewelry and didn’t need any persuasion to share this with my networks, she could have included something like:
- Please share by using the #SirclesbyRenay hashtag when posting
- Please take a “selfie” of yourself wearing Sircles by Renay and share on social media with the following message:
“I’m stepping out in style with a custom #SirclesbyRenay piece made just for me!”
Then when ANYONE clicks on the hashtag #SirclesbyRenay on someone’s post, they will end up seeing all of the happy customers that Renay has made jewelry for. This is great for services like Instagram, as it is very visual AND hashtags are very effective. This keeps branding consistent and allows your own customers to help build a buzz around your product.
You can do many other promotions online to get people to share as well:
- Give a free gift to whomever gets the most likes for a specific time period on their photo with them and your product.
- Give a free gift to whomever get the most shares for a specific time period on their photo with them and your product. (I really like this one as it helps to reach a larger audience and different influencers).
- Speaking of Influencers, send your product to someone famous or an influencer in your industry. In Renay’s case, she could send a necklace to a celebrity that is really into fashion or even a local fashionista in her community that has a big fan base and ask them to wear and share online.
When you receive a product you not only love, but the presentation and customer services is great, you have more of a desire to share it with the world! Do you do anything unique within your packaging to help brand your product or service on social media? Is there a hashtag that you continually ask your customers to use to help build the buzz?
Let me know below. I would love to hear about it!